When your marriage is over, a divorce attorney at Wagstaff Law Offices may be able to help ease some of the stress and pain that you may be going through in Largo. A broken marriage can leave each former partner with many questions, disappointment, and even anger. We understand that sometimes the emotional side of a divorce can make the legal side tough to handle in the heat of things, and that is why we are here— to help you.
The Role of a Divorce Attorney
A divorce attorney can guide your through your dissolution while looking out for your best interest. Our experience in Largo has taught us to ask the right questions and look at things that some may overlook in the heat of the moment, only to regret later. In the case that your former spouse is making things difficult for you, a lawyer can ensure proper communication to see to it that you come to the most agreeable settlement possible.
We help our clients negotiate, discuss options, and understand the decisions they are about to make in matters that may include:
- Equitable distribution
- Marital and non-marital property
- Parenting plans and time-sharing
- Child or spousal support
- Post-divorce modifications
Each aspect of dissolution in Largo comes with many nuances that you may not wish to take the time to understand during this stressful period; your divorce attorney can break things down for you and encourage you to think about every aspect with the long-term consequences in mind.
Your Attorney May Help You Get a Fair Settlement
Choosing a competent divorce attorney in Largo can have a large impact on your future life. At Wagstaff Law Offices we know how to fight for your best interest.
- Negotiate. We can negotiate with your partner’s lawyer. It is wise to have someone take your side for this part of the process because your emotions are sure to interfere with the hard facts.
- Access assets. When you begin the process of dividing property, it is important to access everything correctly and detect assets that may be hidden or concealed. We will review your finances including household income, savings and checking accounts, stocks, debts, and property value. We are also skilled at investigating and may be able to find any hidden or undisclosed assets to help you will receive your best possible settlement.
- Analyze settlement offers. We know you want it to be over as soon as possible, but taking the first offer may not be the best decision. We can analyze the offer and with our experienced eyes to see what is missing in the fine print.
Attorneys Can Help You with Support
The settlement is only part of the divorce battle. Spousal support and child support, if you have children, is another significant aspect for you to think about during the process. Your divorce attorney can help you fight for the future support you or your children deserve.
Determining spousal support can get complicated in Largo. Child support also needs to be considered at this time, and we may be able to help you work through the math and negotiate with your (soon-to-be) ex-partner’s advocate until you are satisfied with the child and spousal support.
Call Divorce Attorney at Wagstaff Law Office, P.A.
At Wagstaff, we have over 50 years of combined experience helping people resolve their relationship issues. What gives us confidence in our ability to help Largo residents is our knowledge of Florida laws and statutes. Your divorce attorney is qualified to deal with the legal matters with the compassion and understanding that you need during this difficult and possibly confusing time in your life.
What makes us different from other lawyers is that we have the compassion, listening skills, and passion for what we do. We provide our clients with the representation their individual situations require by walking them through the process and being available to address all questions and concerns.
Give us a call at 727-584-8182 to schedule your post-dissolution contempt and enforcement consultation today.