Marriage is as much a union of love as it is a legal alliance. Marriage, money, and property are important factors to take into consideration. Being in love can make it difficult to approach a wedding sensibly, yet there are things you can do to make sure you start your relationship right.
- Marriage license. There’s a waiting period for acquiring a marriage license and a set number of days to perform the wedding ceremony before the license expires.
- Children from a prior marriage. Focusing on your children prior to the marriage helps create a smoother transition. Understand all the details of any parental plans.
- Financial matters such as credit, debt, taxes, and income. Work with your family law attorney before the big day to make sure that you and your future spouse are on the same page with everything financially.
- Foreign marriages. There may be additional steps to take when a spouse is not an American citizen. Understanding what needs to be done so you can enjoy your special day is another way Wagstaff & Pitelis Law Office can help.
- Prenuptial agreements. Make sure your personal assets are protected should anything happen in your marriage; we can help establish a prenuptial agreement.
- Name changes. Once you are married, navigating all of the necessary name changes can be overwhelming. Allow a lawyer to help you stay on track and make sure everything is done properly.
Wagstaff provides a safe, comfortable atmosphere for you to understand the legal side of marriage … a major step in building a healthy, long-lasting relationship.
Call Wagstaff & Pitelis Law Office today at 727-584-8182 for all of your family law needs.